The main purpose of having the phone is for communication. But sometimes I am not able to slide to answer phone calls on my iPhone. Most of the time it happens when my iPhone’s screen is locked. I don’t know why. My friend suggested me to try some solutions to solve this issue. here I am going share those solutions.
Devices: iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, 8 Plus and X.
Fix 1: Restart/Reset your iPhone or iPad
Force restart/Hard Reset (till iPhone 6)
- Press and hold the Home Button.
- At the same time, press and hold the Wake/Sleep (Power) button at top right of the iPhone while holding the Home Button.
- Hold both buttons until the screen goes black and wait until the Apple logo appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 7)
- Press and hold the Wake/Sleep (Power) button at the right of the iPhone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button on the left side while holding the Wake/Sleep button.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 8 and iPhone X)
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep button) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: don’t press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time.
Fix 2: Update/upgrade your device to latest version of iOS
- Plugin your device to a power source.
- Turn on mobile data or WiFi.
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install”.
- Your phone will restart.
- Tap “Agree” to accept terms and conditions.
- Enter the passcode if Required.
Fix 3: Restore iPhone through iTunes
- Open iTunes on your PC or MAC. Make sure that iTunes is upgraded to latest version.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad via data (USB) cable to the Mac.
- Tap your iPhone icon when it shows in iTunes.
- Select Summary tab and tap “Restore iPhone”.
- A new box will open to ask to confirm the action. Tap “Restore”.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restart, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
- If you use any case on your device take it off.
- Hold your one finger somewhere else on the screen of the phone and then slide with the other finger to attend the phone call.
- Open and close the apps forcely.
if you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.