My friend was trying to restore all information via iTunes. But, she couldn’t restore her device. It showed some error message that the backup was corrupt or not compatible. Then she told the problem to me. I gave her some solution to resolve this problem. It’s worked for her. If you have this problem, you can try this.
Solution 1: Check the Update
- It may be the reason for update problem. So, you should update the current version of iOS.
- For that, Launch “Settings” app on your device.
- Tap on the “General”.
- Tap on the “Software Update and if it has an update, you just update it.
Solution 2: Delete the Corrupt or Incompatible Backup
- Launch “iTunes” on your Mac and at the left upper corner click “Tunes”.
- Select “Edit” then select “Preferences”.
- Next, you have select “Devices” tab.
- Then you can see the corrupt or incompatible backup and choose it.
- Then click “Delete Backup” button.
Solution 3: Update your iTunes to the current version
- If your iTunes version is old, you should update the current version. It may resolve this problem.
- For that, launch “iTunes” on your Mac. In the menu bar tap on the “iTunes” -> select “Check for Updates” -> follow some steps to update the iTunes current version.
Solution 4: Restart your iPhone and Backup
If you have an error that “Backup corrupt or not compatible while you are restoring your device, you have to disconnect your devices and restart your both devices.
- Restart your Mac
You have three options to restart your device.
- Select the “Apple Key” and tap “Restart”.
- Press and hold the Control+Command+Eject button simultaneously. Or Control+Command+Power Button.
- Press the power button and click the restart in the dialog box.
- Restart your iPhone
Force restart/Hard Reset (till iPhone 6)
- Press and hold the “Home Button”.
- At the same time, press and hold the “Wake/Sleep (Power) button” at the top right of the iPhone while holding the “Home Button”.
- Hold both buttons until the screen goes “black” and wait until the “Apple logo” appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 7)
- Press and hold the “Wake/Sleep (Power) button” at the right of the iPhone.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down button” on the left side while holding the “Wake/Sleep button”.
- Wait until the “Apple logo” appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 8 and iPhone X)
- Press “Volume Up button” and quickly release it. And then Press “Volume Down button” and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the “Slide button (Wake/Sleep button)” until the “Apple logo” appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.