When users try to use Mail app on their Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, they getting error message like “Cannot Get Mail. The mail server “imap.gmail.com” is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in the Mail settings”.
Solution 1: Unlock Google Captcha
- In browser, navigate to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha and remove the CAPTCHA from your gmail account. (Note: If you are using Google Apps, visit https://www.google.com/a/domainname.com/UnlockCaptcha, replace the websitename.com with the actual domain name of the Google Apps.)
- Enter your gmail user name and password. Fill the captcha and click Unblock.
Solution 2: Reboot your iOS or Mac device
Reboot your iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac and try to open mail app.
Solution 3: Delete and re-add email account
Delete that particular email account. Then setup it again.
Solution 4: Turn On/Off Airplane mode
- Turn on airplane mod on your iOS device.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Then turn it off.
Other fixes :-
- Use imap.googlemail.com instead of imap.gmail.com as IMAP server.
- Close all multi tasking app and try to open mail app.
If you knew any other solutions to solve “Cannot get mail – The mail server “imap.gmail.com” is not responding” error, do let s via comment.