iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch mail app display error message like “Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed” when iOS device try to retrieve new mails, especially from Microsoft Exchange.
Devices: iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iPad 2, iOS 7.1.1,
Move all mails from inbox to temporary folder (or different folder) created on the server.
Some time this issue happened on your iPhone or iPad after you changed your mail password in desktop.
In your iOS device, Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar -> Account ->Password.
Choose the Password and enter your new password. iPhone or iPad might prompt you to sign into make this change. After you log in your account, it should update your email ( like Yahoo mail) password and refresh your email messages.
Note: If it does not bring the prompt, try 2 or 3 times.
Change Microsoft exchange security settings.
- Open Active Directory Users and computer
- On the top menu choose View > Advanced Features.
- Find and right click the mail account and choose Properties.
- Choose Security tab. Then choose Advanced.
- Select the check box ““Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent”.
Just change the password for Microsoft exchange email account or Yahoo account.
- Turn off cloud. Go back all your mail accounts and reset password.
- Enable “Airplane” mode in settings. Then disable it.
- Delete that account. After that create it as a new account.
- Reset Network settings via Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
- Just change the “Mail Days to Sync” field to “No Limit”.