While I was open the Calendar app, it shows a Calendar Invitation error that “Your response to the invitation cannot be sent”. I had tried some solutions to fix this problem. After tried, I had fixed the error. Here, I will tell you some solutions to get rid of this problem. One of these solutions may resolve your problem. If you are having this problem, you can try these.
Fix 1: Refresh the Calendar Account on iPhone
Many iPhone users said that this method is worked for them. So you can also try this one. For that,
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- And tap on Password and Accounts.
- Then select the Account.
- Toggle Off the Calendar option.
- Now click the Delete from My iPhone in the pop-up.
- Restart the iPhone.
- Again Go to Settings and click the Password and Accounts.
- Select the Account and turn On the Calendar option.
- That’s it.
Fix 2: Turn Off and Turn On the iOS on Settings
If still, the problem exists on your iPhone, then follow these steps.
- Open the “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Click your Apple ID(your name).
- Then select the “iCloud”.
- And turn off the Calendars, Reminders, and Contacts, wait a few seconds.
- Click the Delete from My iPhone in the pop-up.
- Restart the iPhone.
- And again go back to Settings-> Apple ID(your name)-> iCloud. Turn On the Calendar, Reminders, and Contacts.
Fix 3: Update your iPhone
Make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS. If not, then kindly update it.
- Launch Settings.
- Tap on General and click the Software Update option.
- Check if there is any software update is available, then kindly tap on Download and Install option.
Fix 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the Calendar App
Before doing this process, you have to back up your device. Because it erases the phone’s data.
Restore Your iPhone Using iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to Mac.
- Open iTunes on your Mac. Then select your “iPhone” icon at the top.
- Then click “Restore iPhone”.
Force Close the Calendar App
- First, press and hold the Calendar app on the home screen.
- Then press the (X) symbol, and select the delete option in the pop-up.
- Launch App store.
- Next, install the calendar app on the app store.
Fix 5: Force restart
A simple restart method will solve many problems on your iPhone. So try this one.
Force restart/Hard Reset (till iPhone 6)
- Press and hold the “Home Button” and Wake/Sleep (Power) button at the top right of the iPhone while holding the “Home Button”.
- And hold both buttons until the screen goes “black” and wait until the “Apple logo” appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 7)
- Press and hold the “Wake/Sleep (Power) button” at the right of the iPhone.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down button” on the left side while holding the “Wake/Sleep button”.
- Wait until the “Apple logo” appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 8 and iPhone X)
- Press the “Volume Up button” and quickly release it. And then press the “Volume Down button” and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the “Side button until the “Apple logo” appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
- Force quit the calendar app and open it again- these tricks also help to solve the problem on your iPhone.
Guys, check if the problem is solved or not on your iPhone. If the problem still exists, then kindly contact Apple support to get rid of this problem. Thank you.