As you all know, previously we saw this black dot bug on Android smartphones. This bug crashed Whatsapp on Android phones. Now it has come to iOS device. But it’s come on Messages, not on Whatsapp. This bug will not affect your phone. It affects the Message app only. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue.
What is this Black Dot?
Many people say that Black Dot is not a bug and this is just Black Circle Emoji. So you don’t need to worry. This Black Dot Emoji only available on iOS 11.3 and 11.4 beta. Before, this Black Dot Emoji was available on iOS 11.1. If your Message app crashes because of this Medium Black Circle, try following solutions.
What to do if messages come with Black Dot?
Before trying these solutions, you have to know one important thing. If you touch the Black Dot/Emoji, Message app will crash. So Don’t touch the Black Dot.
Solution 1: Force close the message app
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and 6
- Press the Home Button to see recently closed apps.
- Swipe all the apps up including the Message app to close them.
- Swipe the screen up from the Home screen. There you can recently closed apps.
- Press and hold the app firmly. Tap ‘-’ symbol in the red circle at the left upper corner of the app (or) after seeing ‘-’ symbol in the red circle, swipe the app up to close the app.
Solution 2: Delete the whole conversation containing the Black Dot
- Force quit the Message app.
- Open Message App.
- If you are on the conversation screen, tap back arrow (<) at the upper-left corner.
- Tap “Edit”.
- Select the conversation that you want to delete. To select the conversation, tap on the circle next to the conversation.
- Tap “Delete”.
Note: Sometimes you can see the “Edit” screen directly after launching the Message app.
Solution 3: Send a reply via Siri
Ask Siri to send a reply to the person who sent you the text with Black Dot.
Solution 4: Use 3D Touch
Before doing it, make sure that 3D Touch is enabled on your device.
- Go to Home Screen.
- Launch the Messages app with 3D Touch.
- Tap “New Messages”.
- Then type your message and send it. Now you can use the app normally as you use before.
Solution 5: Check for Software Update
This may be an iOS bug. So Software Update may fix this issue.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Go to Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if update is available.
- Downgrade your iOS device.
- Make an Apple genius bar appointment.
- Go to Apple Service Center and fix the issue.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.