Geocaching is an outdoor and real-world treasure hunting game. In this game, the participants will be using GPS enabled devices to find the hidden containers outdoor. Containers are called as “Caches” or “Geocaches”. These Geocaches are hidden by someone and the other person has to find the hidden object using the GPS location of the Geocache, Mobile device, or other navigational techniques. It is a real fun game and if you are interested you have to install the Geocaching app on your device and get started. Here in this article, I will let you how to get started with Geocaching and the best apps for playing this adventure using your iPhone or iPad. So let’s get started.
What to do if I’m interested in Geocaching?
People may have an interest in having fun with geocaching and you may not have any idea. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you.
- First, install any one geocaching app from the below list.
- Then create an account and get started.
How to get started?
It is very simple,
- Open the Geocaches app and choose the Geocache that you want to find.
- Then go to the location and find the geocache. (The Geocaches might vary from size, shape, and difficult)
- Once after finding, write down your details on the Logbook. (it might be a note or a piece of paper)
- Then Post your catch on online and put back the geocache where it was back.
- That’s it you are up to the next level.
6 Best Geocaching Apps for iPhone & iPad
Geocaching is the official app for geocaching with the world’s largest treasure-hunting community. There are millions of geocache containers that are hidden in almost every country which you can find through this app. This app takes you through the adventure of finding geocaches. It has tips, hints, and instructions for geocaching and finding hidden containers.
Watch this: What is Geocaching? (If you wanna know more about geocaching then this will help you)
About the App:
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch which requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- It needs a GPS connection to track your location and as well as the cache’s location.
- Supporting languages: English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Luxembourgish, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
- You can share it with your family through Apple’s Family Sharing.
- You can also use the premium version of this app by buying some plans.
- 3-month membership $9.99
- 1-year membership $29.99
- Monthly Premium Membership $5.99
- Annual Premium Membership $29.99
Cachly is a simple and effective Geocaching app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. With this app, you can save maps for offline via OpenStreet vector maps. You can translate cache descriptions, logs, and hints from one language to another language. You can import GPS files from email, iTunes, Dropbox, and also Export a GPS of caches.
About this App:
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple watch as well. It requires iOS 10.0 or later and watchOS 4.0 or later.
- You can easily invite your friends and family members in one touch to Cachly.
- You can use Apple Maps, Google Maps, Ordnance Survey, and OpenStreet Map. And maps can be saved offline using OpenStreet vector maps.
- You can easily translate hints, logs, and descriptions from one to another language easily. Available languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Multiple photos and logs can be easily uploaded at once.
- You have a special tip pack for using this as well. Let me list that,
- Maps Supporter + Big Tip $6.99
- Maps Supporter $2.99
- Maps Supporter + Tip $4.99
- Small Tip $0.99
- Medium Tip $2.99
- Large Tip $4.99
Looking4Cache helps us with a fascinating hobby geocaching. You have nearly two million geocaches, so you can search for the cache everywhere. You can store caches including the last logs, the waypoints, and the images. And you can import a GPS file. All data will be stored on your device for offline usage. Maps can be saved offline using OpenStreet vector maps.
Note: To access the geocaches you should be a user on Groundspeak´s Geocaching platform.
About the App:
- It helps in searching and listing GC-codes in safari and also you can open GPS files through mail as well.
- Works with iOS 9.0 on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Available languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish.
- Packages available:
- Hillshades $0.99
- GSAK Import $1.99
- Tip glass $1.99
- Tip glass $3.99
- Tip glass $5.99
Cachebot is a user friendly and easy to use interface. It has the special feature of filtering caches by type, size, etc. You can also view cache logs, and logs are easily trackable. Download the maps of a state or a country to use them when there is no internet connection. Download Pocket Queries on your device to access your caches when offline.
About the App:
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 12.0 or later.
- YOu can easily settings to switch between metric/imperial units.
- It is available in English and German.
- Premium pack $3.99
HERE WeGo makes city navigation very easy. It provides you detailed routes, turn-by-turn guidance & information. It has offline maps of the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the United States, Australia, and more than 100 countries. Download maps on your device so that you can use maps when offline.
About the App:
- HERE WeGo allows you to pick and book a taxi or any sort of transport to travel to reach your destination. As an account, you can see the cab fares or the cost of public transport, or even you can find places to park, and know about traffic delays as well.
- HERE WeGo tells you the information where you need to go on subway/metro/subway, bus, bike, train, trolley, or ferry.
- It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on iOS 12.0 or later.
- It offers public transit information for more than 1300+ cities including New York City/NYC, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Munich, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Milan, Vancouver, Toronto, Sydney, Melbourne, and many more.
- Available languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
Geocaching Buddy is the ultimate Geocaching app for the serious Geocacher to solve multi-caches powered by Geocaching Live. This app remembers every clue found and calculates any derived clue/new waypoint for you. It also remembers the parking point. So you can get back to your car after finding the cache. With this app, you can restore your cache information from email backup. You can create a multi-cache at home using the Web interface or your device.
About this App:
- Geocaching Buddy helps to add caches from geocaching.com, opencaching.de, .pl, .us, .nl, .ro or .org.uk.
- It has two options for viewing and saving photo,
- It creates a photo album for each individual geocache with an ultrazoom photo viewer.
- Photos can be sent by e-mail.
- Easy to restore or transfer cache information via email.
- It requires iOS 8.0 or later on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Nowadays Geocache became a hobby for many. So when I started a search about this Geocache I had a thought of playing it and when I saw some of the best apps on the internet, I was like sharing that with you guys. Here are the 6 best Geocache apps for your iOS devices. I hope these apps will be the platforms for this adventure. If you guys have any other app regarding geocache and if you have any experience with it please let me know that through the comment box. Thanks for reading and keep supporting iPhonetopics.com.
Author: Moganappriya M