As you all know MacBook contains high internal space but, some people who are in business need more space to store their dealings. So they need external hard drives for storing the data, personal information, and some important documents and files. External hard drives are not only useful for the storage process and also help to transfer the files from one location to another. Here I am gonna share with you the best external hard drives for MacBook.
1. Maxtor M3 Portable External Hard Drive($88.88)
- Maxtor M3 is the portable external hard drive for Mac.
- It has the capacity of storing 4TB of data and it supports the Windows 10/8/7/Vista and Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later.
- This device is supplied with Mac Software.
- It helps with Auto Backup for drive backups, Secure Drive for drive security, and has the secret Zone for data encryption.
- Durable black design and safety key protection for your data.
- It works with the temperature up to 5° to 40°C, and you can store it under the temperature up to the range of –20° to 65°C.
Overall, it was the best portable hard drive for your Mac.
2. WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive ($58.99)
- WD 2TB is very fast and easily portable and very simple to use.
- This black color and this sleeky design really attract and impress us.
- As mentioned in its name earlier, it has 2TB of storage space and it is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
- Transfers data very quickly (i.e) transfers full HD movie in a fraction of seconds.
- They give long-term reliability which is really essential and important.
- One lithium polymer battery is required for this external drive.
- The hard drive Interface is USB 2.0/3.0
3. LaCie Rugged Mini ($69.94)
- LaCie Rugged Mini is the best hard drive for Mac which comes in three different sizes 1TB, 2TB, 3TB.
- Drops up to 4 feet, dust, and water-resistant for all the terrain use.
- Helps to protect your data by giving the required password which only knows to you.
- It has USB 3.0/ USB 2.0 but USB 3.0 is much faster than USB 2.0.
- Tested to resist a drop of 1.2m and a crush of a 1tn car.
- The size is very much compatible with other devices.
The overall advantage is good to use and easy to transport by means of its size.
4. Maxone 500GB Ultra Slim Portable External Hard Drive ($38.49)
- Maxone hard drive is an ultra-slim one and lightweight that is really portable.
- Have a capacity of 2TB and USB 3.0 which will free up space and improves the performance of your PC or Mac.
- It is very easily portable and keeps the External hard drive very cool.
- This is compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Maxone can be used without the power supply or software installation.
- Affordable to buy with all the extraordinary features.
5. Seagate Seven($116.15)
- Seagate Seven is the smallest storage device in hard drives which contains a storage space of 500GB.
- Appears more elegant and rugged with a stainless steel case.
- This includes Seagate’s Dashboard software, which helps to backup photos and upload them later on social networks.
- It contains the branded USB 3.0 to a micro USB-B cable that helps to transfer the data very speedily.
- Automatic backup software for computers, Mac, and mobile devices.
- You need not have to supply the power just grab it and go.
However its storage size is poor, it is a good and portable hard drive for Mac.