Some Apple Watch users have been complaining that their Apple Watch walkie talkie not working after updating to watchOS 5. I have also had this similar issue on my Apple watchOS 5. Actually, I was sending an invite to one of my friends but he couldn’t get an invite and my watch says invite sent. It has happened to everyone. I could send an invite to anyone but none of them has received. It was really frustrating for me. Somehow, I found the solution to fix this problem. In this article, I am going to tell you how to fix walkie talkie not working issue on Apple Watch.
Solution 1: Restart your Apple Watch
- Press and hold the side button until the slider appears.
- Next, drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 2: Turn On and Off Airplane Mode
- Open control center and turn on Airplane mode.
- Wait for few seconds and turn off it.
Solution 3: Using iPhone
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Facetime.
- Make sure that you have signed in with your Apple ID.
- Make sure that email address is selected.
- Now, Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.
- Try to send an invitation to your friends
Solution 4: Update watchOS
- Connect your Apple Watch to power. Make sure that your Apple Watch has at least a 50% charge. Don’t disconnect your Apple Watch from power while updating.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi.
- Keep your Apple watch next to iPhone.
- Open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch tab-> Genera l-> Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if an update is available.
- Enter your passcode if required.
- Click “Agree” to agree with the Terms and Conditions.
Solution 5: Unpair and Re-pair your Apple Watch (Factory Reset)
Unpairing your Apple watch is the same as restoring your Watch to Factory Settings. When you unpair your Apple Watch, the iPhone will automatically take a backup of your watch.
- Make sure that the distance between your Apple Watch and iPhone is not too far. Keep them close together.
- Launch Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch tab.
- Tap your Apple Watch when it shows on top of the screen.
- Tap (i) info symbol that is next to your watch to unpair it from your iPhone.
- Tap “Unpair Apple Watch”.
- Try to restart your Apple Watch.
- Then repair your Apple Watch with iPhone.
We hope this article has solved your problem. If you have any doubt or idea regarding this article, tell us through your comments.