Many people in the forum told me the touch screen not working on Apple Watch Series 4. As you all know, we can’t use the Apple Watch without a screen. After the research, I find some solutions to solve this issue. So, here is the article I will share those solutions with you. Let’s try this method and get benefited.
Solution 1: Force Restart (Hard reset)
Hold down the Side Button and Digital Crown simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: If it doesn’t work out, connect your Apple Watch to a power source and then force restart.
Solution 2: Turn off Water Lock
Rotate the Digital Crown until your Apple Watch says it is unlocked (or) hold down the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 3: Remove the accessories
- Remove the screen protectors like tempered glass, scratch cover, etc… from your Apple Watch. Because they may block the screen.
- Remove the case and bumper from your Apple Watch.
- Force restart your Apple Watch.
Solution 4: Close all the Apps
Sometimes if you use more apps in the background, this also may reason for the unresponsive screen issue.
- Press and release the Side button once.
- Now you can see the list of apps that running in the background.
- Then just swipe right on the app.
- And select the Remove option to remove it from the background. That’s it.
Solution 5: Clean your Apple Watch
Don’t use cleaning products, compressed air, abrasive materials, soaps, ultrasonic cleaning, and external heat sources with your Apple Watch. Because they will make damages on the screen.
- Turn off your Apple Watch.
- Remove it from the charger if your Apple Watch is connected to power.
- Use a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth to wipe the screen of your Apple Watch. If you want, lightly wet the cloth with fresh water before wiping.
Solution 6: Update your Apple Watch
Before updating your Apple Watch,
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS.
- Keep your Apple Watch next to your iPhone.
- Connect your Apple Watch to a power source and wait until it gets charged 50%.
- Don’t disconnect your Apple Watch from the power source until the update completes.
To update Apple Watch,
- On your iPhone, launch the Watch app.
- Select the My Watch tab.
- Scroll down to “General” and tap it.
- Tap “Software Update”.
- Next, tap on the “Download and Install” if an update is available.
- Tap “Agree” to continue.
- Enter your Passcode if required.
- When the update process starts, you can see the progress wheel on your Apple Watch.
- When the updating process is finished, your Apple will restart automatically.
Solution 7: Unpair and Re-pair the Apple Watch
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Make sure that the distance between your Apple Watch and iPhone isn’t too far. Keep them as close as possible.
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap your Apple Watch when it shows on top of the screen.
- Next tap on the info symbol (i) that is next to your watch to unpair it from your iPhone.
- Tap “Unpair Apple Watch”.
- After unpairing, you can see the message to repair again. If you want, you can repair it.
I hope above the solutions are help to fix the touch screen issue. If you know of any other solutions or suggestions to fix Apple Watch Series 4 touch screen not working, let us know through your comments.