Many Apple Watch Series 3 users have a complaint that their watch is laggy after update to OS 4.0. I also had this problem. One of the Apple watch user told me some solutions to fix this issue. If you have the problem, this article will help you to solve it.
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone and Apple Watch
- Launch Settings->General->Shut Down (or) Press and hold the Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the slider to power off screen appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the Power Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Restart Apple Watch
Don’t restart your Apple Watch, while charging. If you restart while charging, it won’t restart.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Power Off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your Apple Watch.
- To turn on your watch, again press and hold Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 2: Force Restart your Apple Watch
Press and hold the Side Button and Digital Crown simultaneously until the Apple Logo Appears.
Solution 3: Check your iPhone for Software Update
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- Click “Download and Install”.
Solution 4: Unpair and Re-pair the Apple Watch
Unpairing your Apple watch is the same as restore your Watch to Factory Settings. When you unpair your Apple Watch, the iPhone will automatically take a backup of your watch.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Make sure that the distance between your Apple Watch and iPhone is not too far. Keep them as closer as possible.
- Launch Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch tab.
- Tap your Apple Watch when it shows on top of the screen.
- Tap the info symbol that is next to your watch to unpair it from your iPhone.
- Tap “Unpair Apple Watch”.
- After unpairing, you can see the message to repair again. If you want you can repair.
- Force close the apps on your iPhone and then restart your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- This problem may occur after updating your Apple Watch. So wait for 1 or 2 weeks and check your Watch’s performance.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.