Many Apple users have a complaint that their Apple watch Series 3 won’t connect to Cellular. If we connect our Apple Watch to Cellular connection, we can make calls, receive notifications, send and receive messages, etc through Apple Watch without iPhone. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue. Apple Watch Series 3 will support iOS 11 or later version.
Before trying these solutions, make sure that your iPhone is near to the Apple Watch.
Solution 1: Remove the Cellular plan and set up again
Before set up Cellular plan, you have to update Carrier Settings.
To update Carrier Settings,
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Go to Settings->General->About. Wait for 20-25 seconds.
- Tap “Update” in the pop-up box if update is available.
To remove Cellular Plan,
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click My Watch tab.
- Tap “Cellular”.
- Tap (i) info symbol next to Carrier.
- Tap “Remove”.
- Again tap “Remove” to confirm.
To set up Cellular plan,
- Launch the Apple Watch app->My Watch->Cellular.
- Tap “Set Up Cellular” and then follow the screen instructions for carrier.
Solution 2: Turn off “Wi-Fi”
- On your Apple Watch, Swipe the screen up to get Control Center.
- Make sure that “Wi-Fi” is disabled.
- Then turn on Cellular.
Note: Sometimes Apple Watch won’t connect to Cellular if Wi-Fi is enabled.
Solution 4: Unpair and Re-pair the Apple Watch
Unpairing your Apple watch is the same as restore your Watch to Factory Settings. When you unpair your Apple Watch, the iPhone will automatically take a backup of your watch.
Before unpair your Apple Watch, connect it to cellular plan.
- Make sure that the distance between your Apple Watch and iPhone is not too far. Keep them as close as possible.
- Launch Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch tab.
- Tap your Apple Watch when it shows on top of the screen.
- Tap (i) info symbol that is next to your watch to unpair it from your iPhone.
- Tap “Unpair Apple Watch”.
- After unpairing, you can see the message to repair again. Then repair your Apple Watch with iPhone.
SEE ALSO: Apple Watch Series 3 Not Fully Charging
- Make sure that you get a good 4G coverage in your area.
- Update your iPhone and Apple Watch.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.