Some of Apple TV Users had reported a problem that, whenever they tried to stream over iPhone/iPad to Apple TV, they couldn’t connect it well. The Airplay connection drops frequently. Recently, I too had experienced this same issue. The Airplay disconnects often and my Apple TV will simply go back to the main menu. Then, somehow I had fixed this issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Jerrick.
Listed below are the tricks suggested by my friend to get rid of this issue.
Fix 1: Turn Off Play from iTunes in the iCloud
- Go to Settings -> Airplay.
- Then turn off “Play from iTunes in the Cloud”.
Fix 2: Check for Connection
Make sure that your Airplay and the device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Fix 3: Close all running apps on your all devices
On Apple TV
- Firstly double-press the Home button to see all the running apps.
- Now swipe out every app and then wait for few seconds
- Restart the Apple Tv by holding down the Menu and Home button simultaneously until your Apple TV starts flashing.
On iPhone and iPad
- Double-press the Home button.
- Swipe out all the running apps and then wait for few seconds.
- Now Restart your iPhone/ iPad by holding the Power button and Home button simultaneously until you see an Apple Logo on your screen.
- Apple TV remote not working? Here’s how to fix it
- How to Fix Apple TV Cannot Connect to iTunes Store Issue
Fix 4: Check for Software Updates.
Make sure that you are using the latest version of iOS on all your devices (Apple TV, iPhone, iPad )
Fix 5: Unlock your Airplay Source Device
Airplay will not be connected to a locked device. Therefore, keep your Airplay Source Device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) to be Unlocked while connecting to Airplay.
- Launch Settings -> General -> Auto-Lock.
- Change the Auto-Lock to Never.
Fix 6: Turn Off Wi-Fi on other devices
If your Wi-Fi is connected to other devices, make sure to turn it off.
- Try activating QOS on your Router.
- Sometimes, the issue might happen because of Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Connection. Therefore try connecting Apple TV via Ethernet.
- Restart your Router and Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your device supports Airplay Connection.
Hope any one of the above fixes will be helpful to you. If you know any other solution to fix this issue, then kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…