After updating to iOS 12, users complaining Apple Music Keeps Pausing on their iPhone or iPad. I have also had this issue and this problem occurred since last night. One of my friends told me some solution to fix this problem. After trying, Apple Music works well. Here I am going to tell you how to fix Apple Music keeps pausing issue in iOS 12 on iPhone or iPad.
solution 1: Force Restart
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Reset Network settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Solution 3: Reset All Settings
- Launch “Settings”->”General”->”Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 4: Turn Off Raise to Wake
- Open “Settings”.
- Click “Display & Brightness” -> Turn off “Raise to Wake”.
Solution 5: Remove Grayed Out Songs
This is may be happened because of the grayed out greyed playlist in your iTunes device browser. Those half downloaded playlists will create this. For that,
- Just unsync the whole music library.
- Next update your device once again to erase to grayed out playlists.
- Do an encrypted backup on your music.
- Then with the backup, you can restore your device.
- Even you can add your favorite playlists.
Solution 6: Disconnect Internet
- Turn off both Wi-Fi connection and cellular data.
- Then wait for few minutes. Next, turn on them.
- After that reset your network settings.
Solution 7: Uninstall Downloads
- Delete all the downloaded music.
- Change your region.
- Or after deleting them update your device and re-download the songs.
Solution 8: Check the Headset
If your iDevice skips a beat or pause in between the song when hearing it on earphones, just check your headset. That may cause this problem. And change the headphones adapter which normally going into your headphones jack.
Solution 9: Delete the Media
- Just delete every media content.
- Next re-sync it with your iTunes backup.
Solution 10: Restore your iPhone in DFU/Recovery Mode
Above given solutions not work for you, you just restore your device via iTunes. This method may solve your problem. Before doing it, backup your iPhone. Because this action may erase all data from your device.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/Computer via Lightning (USB) cable.
- Open iTunes on PC/Computer.
- Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone
- Don’t leave Buttons after seeing the Apple Logo. Keep holding it until Recovery Mode screen (iTunes screen) appears.
- Select “Update” or “Restore” in the pop-up box. If you select “Update”, iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without deleting your data. Wait until the process is finished.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone.
Note: If it doesn’t work out, select “Restore” instead of “Update”.
If you knew any other solutions let us know via your valuable comments.