Recently I have upgraded my iPhone to iOS 12. After upgrading, it works well. But today I have opened Apple Music it keeps crashing. Then I told this problem to one of my friends and he gave me some solution to fix this problem. After trying these solutions, Apple Music crashing problem solved. Now, I am really happy. Here’s I am going to tell you those solutions in this article. If you have this same Apple Music keeps crashing issue on your iPhone, this article will help you.
Fix 1: Force Restart
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Fix 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Music App
- Firstly, hold the Apple Music icon until it starts to wiggle.
- Now tap “X” in the top left corner of the App icon.
- Then tap on “Delete” and then wait for few seconds.
- Open the “App Store” and tap the search tab (at the bottom of your screen).
- Search for your Music App and find it.
- Finally, tap on Download to download the Music App.
Fix 3: Reset All Settings
If above solutions didn’t work for you, you just do Resetting all Settings. It will reset the settings on your phone. Let’s see how to do this.
- Launch “Settings”->“General”->“Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Fix 4: Change Apple ID Country and Region
Many users who have told after trying this, there was no problem in their Apple Music. You have to try this.
- Launch “Settings” -> tap “iTunes & App Store”.
- Next, sign out your “Current Apple ID”. Then sign in with secondary Apple ID.
- Tap “View Apple ID” -> “Country/Region” -> Change “Country or Region” and select your country. Then tap “Agree” to Terms and Conditions. Press back and back.
- Under automatic downloads, you can see pink music icon.
- Now Go back to “Settings” -> “Music”.
- Disable “Show Apple Music” and Exit from “Settings” app.
- Now, launch “Music App”. It works.
- Go back to “Settings” -> “iTunes & App Store”. Sign out your secondary Apple ID and sign back in your main Apple ID.
Fix 5: Sign Out and Sign In back Apple ID from App Store
- Launch “Settings “ -> “iTunes and App Store”.
- You need to click on the “Apple ID” at the top. The pop-up box will appear to Sign Out of your Apple ID and then click the “Sign Out”.
- Open the Music App and it works fine
Fix 6: Turn Off and Turn on iCloud Music Library
- Launch “Settings” -> “Music”.
- Tap on “iCloud Music Library”.
- Turn Off “iCloud Music Library”.
- Wait for few seconds.
- Again, turn on your iCloud Music Library.
Fix 7: Join Apple Music
- Launch “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Music” -> “Join Apple Music”.
Fix 8: Turn On and Turn Off Airplane Mode
- On your iPhone, launch “Settings”.
- Tap on “Airplane Mode” and then turn it as on.
- Wait for few seconds. Again go back to Settings.
- Turn Off Airplane Mode.
Fix 9: Restore your Device
- First, connect your iPhone to a PC.
- Then launch the iPhone in “Recovery mode”.
- Now open iTunes option and select your device.
- Once iTunes has detected your device, a pop-up box will appear to either “Update or Restore” the iPhone
- Just hit on Update and Restore.
- Finally, the iTunes will start to download the latest iOS and restore the iPhone to factory default mode.
Note: Before doing this fix, it is advisable to take backup of all your data.
- Factory Reset your device and then reload all your information (It is advisable to backup your data before doing this fix)
- Turn Off your personal hotspot.
- Use either Cellular Data or Wifi. Do not use both at the same time.
- Make sure that you have updated iTunes to the latest version.
- Make sure that there is no problem in your lightning cable.
- Contact Apple Support.