Many Apple users have a complaint that CarPlay not working on their iPhone. Some of them said that this problem occurred after updating their iPhone. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix Apple Carplay Not Working on iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR.
Before trying these solutions, restart your iPhone and your car. Sometimes restart itself will solve your problem.
Solution 1: Enable Siri
If you are using voice commands, make sure that Siri is turned on.
- Launch Settings->Siri & Search.
- Make sure that Listen for “Hey Siri” is enabled.
- Enable “Press Side for Siri” and “Allow Siri When Locked”.
Solution 2: Enable Restrictions for CarPlay
- Launch Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Tap “Allowed Apps”.
- Turn on “CarPlay”.
Solution 3: Check the cable
- Make sure that you are using the USB cable that came with your iPhone.
- Check if there is any damage in your USB cable.
- Update the Firmware in your car.
- Try different certified 3rd party USB cables.
- Try different USB ports available in your car.
Solution 4: Force Restart
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 5: Refresh Airplane Mode
- Open Settings.
- Turn on “Airplane Mode”.
- Wait for few seconds and then turn it off.
Note: Don’t refresh Airplane Mode through Control Center.
Solution 6: Update your iPhone
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if update is available.
Solution 6: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Passcode and Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
- Set up CarPlay and then check whether carplay
Note: Reset All Settings will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, and APN & VPN Settings.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.