I am using iPhone X. Apple CarPlay not working on my Honda car. I Don’t know whether the problem is in my car or phone. One of the iPhone user said some solutions to fix this issue. Here I am going to share those solutions with you. If you have the same issue, this article will help you to fix it.
Before trying these Solutions,
- Update the Firmware in your car.
- Use the Lightning (USB) cable comes with your iPhone. Other may not work well.
- Try a different certified USB cable (3rd party cable).
- Connect your phone into a different CarPlay USB port available in your car.
Solution 1: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular data.
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- If update is available, tap “Download and Install”.
Solution 2: Enable Siri
If you are using voice commands, make sure that Siri is turned on.
- Go to Settings->General->Siri.
- Make sure that Siri is turned on.
- Enable Allow “Hey Siri”.
Solution 3: Enable Listen For “Hey Siri”
- Go to Settings-> Siri & Search.
- Turn on Listen For “Hey Siri”.
- Tap “Enable Siri” in the pop-up box.
Solution 4: Enable Restrictions for CarPlay
- Launch Settings->General->Restrictions.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Make sure that restrictions for CarPlay is turned on.
Solution 5: Restart your device
First restart your device normally. If it doesn’t work out, try Force restart.
iPhone 5, 6, and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple logo appears.
Press and hold the Power Button (Sleep/Wake) and the Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8 and X
- Press Volume Up button and release it. And then press Volume Down button and release it.
- At last, press and hold the Side Button (Wake/Sleep) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: Don’t press the Volume Up and Volume Down Button simultaneously.
Solution 6: Reset All settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter passcode if required and then tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: When you Reset All Settings, your iPhone will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & passwords, and APN & VPN settings.
- Downgrade your iPhone to iOS 10.
- Restore your phone to Factory Settings.
- Make sure that CarPlay supports the app that you are using on your iPhone.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.