As you all know, AirPlay is a wireless streaming service from Apple which allows users to stream content from iDevice and mac. What happens if this amazing feature has stopped working after updating to iOS 12…? It seems to be a very frustrating issue for you right…? If yes, then I am here to help you. Follow the tricks given below to fix this “iOS 12 AirPlay Mirroring Not Working“ issue.
Fix 1: Force Restart/Hard Reset
- Press Volume Up button and release it. And then press Volume Down button and release it.
- At last, press and hold the Side Button (Wake/Sleep) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: Don’t press the Volume Up and Volume Down Button simultaneously.
Fix 2: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings under Reset.
- Enter passcode if required and tap Reset Network Settings to confirm the action.
Note: This action will delete all WiFi passwords, APN and VPN settings of the iPhone.
Fix 3: Turn Off Bluetooth
Go to Settings -> Bluetooth -> Turn Off Bluetooth.
Fix 4: Check AirPlay Settings
- Open Control Center and find Music Controls.
- Make a 3D Touch or long press it.
- Tap on AirPlay icon (in the upper right corner)
- Select your AirPlay device and then enable it.
Fix 5: Check for AirPlay icon
Make sure that your AirPlay device is powered on and awake.
Fix 6: Turn Off Cellular Data
Launch Settings -> Cellular -> Turn Off Cellular Data.
Fix 7: Forget Wifi Network
- Go to Settings-> Wifi.
- Tap (i) symbol next to the connected Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Forget This Network.
- Tap Forget This Network in the pop-up box to confirm.
- Then rejoin to the same network or any other Wi-Fi networks.
Fix 8: Restart all your devices
Restart all your devices and give a try.
Fix 9: Check for Wifi connection
Make sure that your devices are connected to the same Wifi network.
Fix 10: Restart your Wifi Router or Hotspot
If you are using a wireless router,
- Disconnect the router from the power.
- To do it unplug the power cord from the back of the router. Wait for some time.
- Then plug the power cord into the router.
If you are using a wireless hotspot,
- Turn off the hotspot. Wait for 30 seconds.
- And then turn it on.
Fix 11: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular data.
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap Download and Install.
- Make sure that your device is not on silent mode.
- Make sure that the audio is not muted on your iOS device.
- Make sure that you have disconnected Bluetooth from other devices.
- If your device is under any Warranty Status then you can Contact Apple Support for further Repair or Replacement.
Hope any one of the above fixes will be helpful to you. If you find this article as useful or if you know any other solution to fix this issue then kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…