AirDrop is not working on my iPhone X. I don’t know why. One of friend suggested me to try some solutions to solve this problem. Here I am going to share those solutions.
Solution 1: Check AirDrop Options
Make sure that AirDrop is turned on.
Check the distance between the two devices. it should not be too long. distance should be within 30 Feet (9 meters).
Airdrop supports only iOS 7 and later versions.
Check the network connections.
Solution 2: Disable/Enable Bluetooth & Wi-fi
- Swipe the screen up from the bottom to go to Control Center.
- Turn off Bluetooth & Wifi and then turn on them.
Solution 3: Sign out of iCloud, Hard Reset, and then Sign Back in
Sign out of iCloud
- Launch Settings->Apple ID (your name).
- Tap “Sign Out”.
- Enter the Apple ID Password and then Tap “Turn Off”.
- Tap “Sign Out”.
- Again tap “Sign Out” in the pop-up box to confirm it.
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: Don’t press Volume Up and Volume Down simultaneously.
Sign back into iCloud
- Launch Settings->Apple ID Banner.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
Solution 4: Reset Network settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & passwords, APN & VPN settings, and Cellular Settings of the iPhone.
SEE ALSO: iPhone X WiFi slow issues
- Make sure that you have updated your iPhone X to the latest version of iOS.
- Restore your iPhone x to Factory Settings.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.