As you all know that Airdrop is used to transfer files between iPhone, iPad, and Mac. After I updating iOS. Airdrop fails to transfer files so I had discussed this problem with my friend and he gave me some solutions to solve this issue. I had tried those tricks and then it works. So I’m gonna share those same solutions to solve your problem.
Solution 1: Adjust your Airdrop settings.
Adjust AirDrop settings on iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap “General”.
- Click AirDrop and select “Everyone” option.
Adjust AirDrop settings on Mac
- Open Finder or click Ctrl+Shift+G.
- Click on AirDrop and select “Everyone” option.
Note: It is not necessary to select “Everyone” and also you can select “Contacts Only”.
Solution 2: Turn On Wireless Connection.
- Open Settings > Wi-Fi.Turn Off and Turn On back.
- Open Bluetooth and Turn Off and Turn On back.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Network and Turn Off the Wi-Fi and Turn On back.
- Click Bluetooth and Turn Off the Bluetooth and Turn On back.
Note: Instead, you can Turn Off the Airplane Mode.
Solution 3: Hard Reset your Device
- Press and Hold the Home button.
- Press and hold the wake/sleep button when holding the Home button.
- Hold both buttons until you see the black screen.
- Wait for sometimes to see Apple Logo.
- Press and hold the wake/Sleep(Power) button at the right of the iPhone.
- Press and hold the volume button.
- Wait until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8 and iPhone X
- Press Volume Up button and then release it quickly.
- Press Volume Down button and then release it quickly.
- Finally, press and hold the slide button( Wake/Sleep button) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: Avoid pressing Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time.
Solution 4: Check System Update
- Open Settings> General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Click the “Download and Update” icon.
Solution 5: Reset Network Settings
- Open Settings>> General.
- Scroll down and Click “Reset”.
- Select Reset All Network Settings.
- Enter your passcode.
- Now the pop-up box will display and then Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
Solution 6: Contact Apple support
If your device is under any Warranty Status Contact Apple Support for further repair or replacement.
Hope the above solutions will be useful for you. If you have any doubt regarding this article please share us via comments. Thank You…