Personally, I don’t have the patience to wait for so long at the hotel front desk to book and check a room. Moreover, carrying the Hotel Room key with us forces us to protect the key rather than enjoy ourselves. However, if you have a smartphone such as an iPhone or an Apple Watch, it simplifies the process. Yes, Apple introduced the Apple Wallet to digitalize your cards, keys, and other documents, so you don’t have to carry everything with you when you go out. You can just simply hold the iPhone in front of the digital lock to unlock your room. So, let’s take a look at how to add, use, and check in with Apple Wallet.
Add your Hotel Key in Wallet
- First, you have to Download your Hotel or Resort apps on your iPhone then Sign in with your account.
- Next, open your booking and tap on Add to Apple Wallet.
- Now follow the instruction to add your key to Wallet.
- Once you connect your card it will automatically connect your synced device also like the Apple watch. That’s it.
How to use Apple Wallet to unlock your Room
When you want to open your room, just hold your iPhone or Apple watch in front of the lock to unlock it.
- If you turned OFF Express Mode, then follow the below steps.
- (For Face ID) Open your Apple Wallet and Double click the Power button
- (For Touch ID) Place your finger in the Touch ID sensor
- (For Apple Watch) If you want to unlock your room with Apple Watch then simply press the Side button.
Check-in your room via Apple Wallet
You can also view your check-in in the Wallet app. To do that,
- Launch Apple Wallet on your iPhone.
- Then select your Room key then check your booking detail.
- Do you want to see more information about hotel bookings? then simply click the 3 dot symbol.
- If you make any changes in your room booking, it will automatically update your Wallet.
- After your stay is finished, simply tap the check-in option. It will reduce your time besides standing at the front desk.
Do you have any issue with your device or if your iPhone is stolen, Mark it as lost via Find My, it automatically turns off all the cards in your Wallet.
I hope it will make your work easier, so you won’t have to carry your key around with you. If you have any other doubts or suggestions, regarding Apple Wallet, please leave them in the comments section below.