3D touch helps to use your iOS device more conveniently. But recently, many users have reported that 3D Touch is not working on iOS 12. Here I gonna share you some possible solutions to get rid of this problem.
Solution 1: Enable 3D touch
- Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility.
- Scroll down to find “3D Touch” option and enable it.
- You can also adjust the 3D Touch Sensitivity using the slider.
Solution 2: Restart your iPhone
- Press and hold the Power Button until the slider appears.
- Drag the “slide to power off” slider to power off your device.
- Then again press and hold the Power Button to turn on your device.
Solution 3: Force Restart your device
For iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X
- Press and release the Volume Up button.
- Press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Apple Logo appears.
For iPhone 7 / 7Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears.
For iPhone 6S and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button at the same time until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 4: Reset All Settings on your device
- Go to Settings ->General -> Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode.
- Then enter the Restrictions Passcode.
- Now, pop up box appears with “Reset All Settings” and click it.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 5: Update iOS on your iPhone
Check for the new update if available. If the update is available, update it.
- Open Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if an update is available.
Solution 6: Factory Reset your device
- Go to Settings -> General ->Reset.
- Tap on “Erase all Contents and Settings”.
- Now the pop-up box appears with three options.
- If you want to backup, tap on “Finish Uploading Then Erase”.
- If you already back up, tap on “Erase Now”.
- Wait until the process is finished. Then restore everything from iCloud backup.
Solution 7: Is your iPhone Screen Broken or Damaged
- If your iPhone Screen is broken or damaged, 3D Touch will not work.
- You can fix the Broken screen by replacing it.
- After replacing your 3D touch screen, 3D Touch will work properly.